Monday, June 2, 2014

Good Shit Vol 1

In 1988, I turned 16 years old and despite stalling my 1981 Malibu 3 times during my parallel parking portion of my drivers test (its was an automatic so go figure), the DMV gave me my drivers license.
Crusing around, i realized quickly who wants to jam to "b" sides when one could create nothing but "a" sides?  You know, more "Panama" and less "drop dead legs".  So I made a compilation of good stuff and called it "Good Shit volume 1"  in tape cassette.

 This is a hooptie version of Ford Good shit....

This 1998 Ford Explorer at Safeway in Kodiak has been retrofitted with a handy mod to take care of the door latch flaw common on most explorers.  For $5.78 and some labor, problem solved with this bitchin' window bolt from True Value. I would have loved to see the owner use this latch?  Do they use the other door and keep it closed?, do they roll the window down and latch it up....so many questions??? 







This 1995 Ford F150 in Sitka seems normal enough but my mind just keeps flashing the vision of some dude in a wheel chair sidled up next to his grill with a zip tie and some parachute cord in his lap fixing his plate.  Empowering?  Yes!    Physical disability? Yes!   Mental disability?  heck no!...thats field expediency at its best.




This 1996 Ford Explorer Sport is rusty...no doubt.  I've seen ratchet straps in Kodiak hold up many things on old vehicles but I have not seen this.  You see Sitka rust makes Kodiak rust look like winter in Arizona.  The spare tire containment has rusted to the point that it resembles something from 1943.  In all honesty, this method of spare deployment is probably 10x faster than the standard not-rusted-to-shit method.

And of course if you don't have a bumper you put your license on with, you guessed it, Duct Tape!


No comments:

Post a Comment